Monday, September 21, 2009

cotton balls

Well I had a good weekend. I went out with the other volunteers on friday which was fun because we sort of explored Barranco, which is where I live. I took it easy on Saturday and did a lot of walking into different areas of Lima. On sunday, I went with my family to their aunt´s house and sat in the sun and swam in their pool. It was a lot of fun. My family is really great. It is also amazing how different it is right outside of Lima. The weather is beautiful. It was so sunny and warm, quite a contrast to what it is in Lima which at the present moment is cloudy and cold.
Today at work, I was able to give some vaccines, as well as assist the nurse in the growth and development chart. I was also able to do a couple of assessments on my own which is nice. The more I learn Spanish, the more I am able to do. Tomorrow, I thought that we were going to be teaching handwashing to the children at the school, but I am actually headed out of the center to do a vaccine tour. We are going to drive around Chorrillos (where I work) and give out vaccines. It should be interesting... will keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment