Wednesday, September 30, 2009

a solid few days

Well work is still going really well. I am able to have my own patients which is nice and I have been able to give more vaccines. It is starting to get a bit of the same thing every day, but that is okay, I suppose that is sort of what a job is. I am definatly learning Spanish though which makes me feel more comfortable in the medical center and in Lima in general.

I just had an amazing weekend too. We went to this place called Ica about five hours away. Its like in the middle of the desert where they have all these oasis´s with trees and water. We stayed in a hostel that was 7 dollars a night and had a bar/club, a restaurant and a really nice swimming pool. We ended up staying two nights there because it was so beautiful. We met a group of people from France who spoke English which was nice. It turns out that they live very close to us in Lima. One of the days we were there, we took these big sand buggies out into the sand dunes and the guide drove us around like mad all over the dunes... sooo crazy but so much fun, better than any rollar coaster I have ever been on! At different sand dunes, we got out of the buggy and actually sandboarded, like snowboarding only in sand, down the dunes. I only did one standing, then I layed on it instead. It was wicked fun. The next day we went the Nazca lines. The lines were really beautiful, but Nazca wasn´t that exciting. Overall it was a great weekend though. Back to work this week... I cannot believe I have been here a full month!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment