Wednesday, September 23, 2009

handwashing

So today I went to a day care for children under the age of 5. The guy I was working with, who was actually a dentist, and I went to the day care and taught about about handwashing and dental hygiene. The children were soooo cute. They were a lot of fun to teach. Although I could not speak much of the language, I was able to help the children physically with the handwashing. They were really interested in what we were trying to teach them. They also were really excited that I was from the United States so I got to play with them a bit. It is very interesting that whenever I tell people where I am from, no matter what age, they are very excited that someone from the the United States is here to help them. I definatly have days where I feel more useful then other. Today, I had a really good time playing with the children and teaching them something that I know will be useful for them. My spanish is also still coming along. I am going to try and travel a bit this weekend so it will be fun to try and speak to people in a different area of the country. I am still getting used to the job thing here though. It is just so different, I really miss the pace of the Emergency Department, still trying to get used to it....

No comments:

Post a Comment